Taking on extreme adventures can be very exciting, however, having accurate information about your surroundings is crucial in helping you to make the right decisions while you are out in the wild.
The old analog watch has evolved to be a powerful tool on your wrist in our present-day and when it comes to outdoor activities having a robust smartwatch with health and navigation sensors is almost a must.
In this article, we will look at the 4 best smartwatches that have a built-in compass so that you’ll always be able to find the north no matter where you are.
1. Suunto Traverse Alpha – * Editors Pick *
The first thing that pops out about the Suunto Traverse Alpha smartwatch is that it has a very militaristic touch to its overall design.
Its rugged design makes it perfect for outdoor activities.
- Its frame that’s made from metal is built to last.
- It comes with a strap that’s made from nylon.
- GPS tracking is enabled for this watch.
- The watch’s screen can be locked which is a nice feature to have.
- It feels sturdy and durable.
- The screen of the watch is resistant to scratches.
- Its battery life is great and the watch can easily last up to 10 days whilst having GPS enabled.
- Its built-in GPS tracker is sensitive and therefore accurate.
- The screen of the watch can be locked which is a nice and safe option.
- It is easy to save GPS coordinates directly on the watch.
- The watch itself is not that colorful.
- It does not have a lot of fitness tracking capabilities.
I highly recommend this watch to anyone that loves tactical looks and tactical features.
The Suunto Traverse Alpha performs exceptionally when it comes to navigating.
2. Amazfit Bip
The Amazfit Bip is one of the few smartwatches on the market that is engineered to consume not that much power.
It is famous for its phenomenal battery life which is a priority for most outdoor enthusiasts who usually find themselves in remote areas.
- It has a minimalistic design.
- It comes with a built-in GPS tracker.
- Its screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- It has an always-on display feature.
- Its display is 1.28-inches.
- It comes with a built-in compass.
- The watch is resistant to water.
- Its battery life is exceptional.
- It comes with a silicone strap that is comfortable to wear for many hours in a row.
- Its screen has an optimum brightness level which makes it comfortably visible at night and during the day.
- It is very lightweight.
- You can wear the watch whilst you’re swimming.
- It is affordable.
- The bottom part of the watch is made out of plastic which is not that durable.
It’s overall a decent watch because of its waterproofness, its battery life, and also because it is very affordable.
3. Garmin Fenix 5X Plus
One of the most impressive features of the Garmin Fenix 5X Plus smartwatch is its easily noticeable high-resolution display.
It also stands out as a sturdy built smartwatch that probably contributes to its overall weight but this also makes it meant to last you for a very long time.
- It comes with a Pulse Oximeter Acclimation sensor that can measure your oxygen levels at higher altitudes.
- It has a water-resistant rating of 10 ATM.
- It comes with 16GB of internal storage space.
- Its screen has a resolution of 240 x 240 pixels.
- Its screen is 1.2-inches.
- It’s overall a very durable watch.
- Its metallic strap gives it an amazing look.
- It can feel a bit heavy on the wrist as it weighs 96 grams.
- It has a high price tag.
This is a great watch for anyone who wants a smartwatch that does almost everything with amazing battery life, however, its price and its weight may be huge drawbacks to some consumers.
4. Suunto Core
The Suunto Core smartwatch has a very robust design which makes it able to withstand various tough conditions.
It is also fitted with built-in apps that provide you with information about the current and upcoming weather which can be crucial for outdoor adventurers.
- It has a slim design.
- It has built-in GPS.
- It’s made from premium materials.
- It is fitted with a rotating bezel.
- The rubber strap that comes with the watch is very durable.
- Its battery life is quite decent.
- It has a snug fit and its comfortable to wear.
- Its metal frame is prone to scratches.
The Suunto Core is the perfect smartwatch for outdoor enthusiasts.
It is resilient and it’s not easily affected by the elements.